Friday, December 16, 2011

Treadmill arrives!

I could hardly sleep anticipating the arrival of my treadmill! It arrived in an enormous box, and thank goodness the price I paid included setup and removal of all that packing material. It is enormous, but fortunately folds up and is relatively easy to move. Bob of course had to try it out while I was eating my breakfast and drinking my coffee. I didn't trust myself to do those things yet, even at one mile per hour. I can type though, at that speed, and when I'm sharp, up to 1.2 mph. YAY!

How can I do that, you say, with no desk yet? Fortunately I saw someone's creative use of a ironing board as a temporary desk on office-walkers.com, and it works well! I discovered I can read a book at about 2 mph, although it makes me dizzy to look up and around still. I don't know if that's lack of sleep, or the dizziness I felt last night every time I woke. I'm happy to say that it seems to be less tonight.

I'm TIRED, after not much sleep and walking maybe one and one half hours, or maybe more. I got my pedometer going again, after walking about 3/4 of a mile, and it has 1959 steps on it after that. Part of that was on the treadmill. I decided to get the pedo working again because I get interrupted so often while walking on the treadmill, which makes using the stats from it difficult to use. Someday in the future we'll have pedometers (or telephones) which communicate with the treadmill, and vice-versa, right?

I'm not gonna focus on aerobic steps yet. I would rather get up to 8 to 10 hours per day, at an average of one mile per hour or more, and when that gets too easy -- increase the incline. I did part of today at 2%, and it did make me puff a bit!

Oh, weighed myself today too. I'm starting this journey at 238 pounds, and today did about 1.5 hours, covering about 2 miles.

1 comment:

Paul Z said...

Sounds like fun, Mom--keep it up!