Sunday, May 27, 2012

Back in the Saddle!

Weight-lifting was just what I needed! Worked the first six days, and rested today. Back to it tomorrow. After the first whole set (first two days) I found cans of soup etc. to stand in for some of the weights. My dumbbells won't arrive for another week. :(

But by then I should be completely in the swing of the routine, and they'll just be the next step up. I hope by then to be able to do each day's workout in about a half-hour. I'm sure now it takes more like 45 minutes still, since I have to keep checking the photos and instructions. Getting the form right is important to getting good results, and I feel better about it every day of work.

Even today I can feel some almost soreness, and that feels good! Tonight I started reading The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business, by Charles Duhigg. Another great read, and I hope to use what I learn to make this exercise into a habit, a life-long habit.

Perhaps next week I can step up my average number of steps per day also. I've been at a plateau for over a month, and it's time to start moving on up again.

Progress is great!

No comments: